Re: GeomView on Indigos

Well...  How did you get the 1.0 source to compile under 4.0?  Using
	setenv SGI_CC "-cckr -common"
seemed to work for us, but I never tried executing the result -- maybe it
didn't work.  We always compiled under Irix 3.3, then ran the 3.3 binary
under 4.0.

One thing that definitely doesn't seem to work under 4.0 is the distributed-GL
feature, where you execute on one machine and display on
another over the network.  I think this could happen even if you are
really only using a single machine, if the DISPLAY environment-variable
is set to something other than ``:0'' or ``unix:0''.  Even setting it to
``rice:0'' would probably cause the connection to go over the network.

I've seen symptoms like yours when trying to display on remote machines.

If this is the problem, you could try ``setenv DISPLAY :0'' before running
geomview.  Failing that, try picking up the binary release
(geomview-bin-1.0.1.tar.Z) and running bin/sgi/geomview.

    Stuart