Re: geomview

Oh yes -- the installed copy (in $GEOMROOT/bin/sgi) is stripped.
If you run the copy from the source directory ($GEOMROOT/src/bin/geomview/gl)
it will have a full symbol table.

I still can't reproduce the _us_rsthread_stdio bug here, but Elisha Sacks
reported fixing it by removing something from a Makefile; he didn't say what.
It's possible the culprit is the "-L/usr/local/lib" in
$GEOMROOT/src/bin/trigrp/O.sgi/Makefile; you might try editing it to remove
that, leaving that line reading
LIBS = -L${LIBDIR} \
and see if anything improves.

As for -cckr -- there was one prototype mismatch (which our 4.0.1 compiler
didn't see, but which 4.0.4 does) in motion.c; that's fixed in a new
sub-release about to go out, or you could edit src/bin/geomview/common/motion.c
line 44, changing ``..., Scale, ...'' to ``..., (DiagOpFunc) Scale, ...''.
Or compiling with -cckr should be fine too.

Thanks for the feedback!